Monday, February 15, 2016

My sonshine.

I wrote this during my pregnancy. 

 I lay awake letting out a happy sigh,
My eyes closed treasuring every kick.
Hoping you'll have your father's eyes,
And that the year's won't pass too quick.

Hopes and dreams flood my mind,
I cannot wait to watch you play,
I will raise you to be strong and kind,
You'll be my sunshine when skies are gray.

My baby bloom sprouting new life,
It will be a relief to hold you close.
Made with love by husband and wife,
Who will always love you most.

Whatever life passage you roam,
I'll forever be your biggest fan.
I promise to always be your home,
Even when you're a man.

Soon your Daddy will cut your chord,
Our eyes will rise to see our son.
The most perfect gift from our Lord,
Our perfectly beautiful little one.

You've already brought such joy,
My sweet and darling baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment