Thursday, May 23, 2013

Feet on the ground, Head in the sky, Fire in my heart.

I click across paths of pavement, every step another second on the clock. Ghosts of people glide by, I feel like I'm in the middle of a wasteland. The sounds of screeching tires and insincere how are you's flood into my ears until I'm quite certain they'll fall off, the worst part being I'd welcome such a loss. It's funny how alone a person can feel in a hive of hundreds. Hours pass, though they feel like days, and finally I find I've wandered into nature. I lay down and hold my breath until my flesh sinks down into the earth. I run my hands through the blades of grass like they were a lost lover's hair. I open my eyes and let the view wash over me like a wave over sandy footprints. Looking up towards the sky I realize I've never seen such a devouring contrast. The dark steady trees against the fleeting blue sky. Odd how together I feel with everyone in the world when I'm in a place they haven't yet touched. Whispers ride in upon a warm wind, teasing my ears with wishes and hopes. I feel safe. For a moment I know exactly who I am, and I promise myself that I will keep my feet on the ground, rooted into the soil of my past. I will keep my head in the sky, flying on the wings of my future. Lastly, I promise to keep a fire within my heart that burns so fiercely it will always remind me to seize the present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment